The Chakra Bible – The Definitive Guide to Chakra Energy
This article is written based on people’s belief in metaphysics.
The knowledge of chakra energy has existed for thousands of years. People have believed that human beings possess some form of energy that has an influence on their physical, mental, and spiritual well being. The study of chakra is the study of this energy and how it influences us. However, people are still somewhat confused about this concept so here’s a definitive guide that could help.
What is Chakra Energy?
Chakra isn’t energy, but rather a portal or a gateway that directs energy and there are seven present in our body at different locations. When these portals are clear and in proper alignment, your energy would flow smoothly to all the required areas of your body, mind, and spirit, and keep you healthy. If these portals are clouded and misaligned, you’ll experience an imbalance in these energies; that can lead to problems.
The balance and alignment of these portals is very important because they allow the uninterrupted flow of energy through the Sushumna Nadi. This nadi is a channel or vessel. It carries your energy within, and travels through the different chakras in your body.
What Are the Seven Gates?
Different chakras influence different parts of your body and mind and they have an impact on one another as well. It’s very important to understand how these portals work and how they influence you so here’s a brief introduction to them:
- Muladhara or Root Chakra – This chakra is located at the base of the Sushumna Nadi and is the root of the entire system. It’s also a source of power and energy so it’s important to keep it balanced and clear. Imbalance in this chakra leads to anger, frustration, hatred, fear, envy, and jealousy, which is why it’s very important to keep this gate clear.
- Svadhistana or Sacral Chakra – It influences your connections and relationships with others. If energy flows well through this chakra, you’ll have no problems relationships and the physical connection you develop with people. It governs all relationships, so if you can’t maintain good relationships with friends and partners, this chakra is unbalanced.
- Manuipura or Solar Plexus Chakra – This is the chakra that refines and controls energy. While the root and sacral chakra are powerhouses, this is something that will mold it to good use. It’s also very neutral and will encourage you to avoid confrontation.
- Anahata or Heart Chakra – This is where feelings, sentiments, and affection manifest. If there’s an imbalance in this chakra, you won’t feel kindness, compassion, or connect with your friends well.
- Vishudha or Throat Chakra – This governs your ability to communicate and express your ideas. People with an imbalance in this chakra can’t communicate well and are prone to dishonesty.
- Ajna or Third Eye Chakra – This is located in the middle of the forehead; it governs your perception, intelligence, and focus. Without balance, you’ll feel muddled and disorganized in your thoughts.
The final chakra is crown chakra or Sahasrara and it exists slightly outside your body. It connects you to the spiritual and metaphysical and contributes to your overall balance.